The Janu Sirsasana is one the pose in the Ashtanga Yoga. This is also called the Head-to-Knee Pose, the Head-to-Knee Forward Bend, and the Head-on-Knee Pose. The word Januseerasana means “the head knee is in contact”.
How do you do head to knee pose?
- First, sit on the yoga mat and make your position by folding the right leg and the right leg heel should be touching the anus.
- Both the hands should touch the left leg thumb.
- Hold this position for 15 seconds.
- Then the right leg should be extended and fold the left leg to do the same thing for 15 seconds.
- While doing this pose try to touch your knee by your face.
- Also in this posture, your leg should be in straight and should not bend.
- Exhale slowly while bending and inhale slowly while lifting your face.
When do you do head to knee pose?
The Januseerasana can be done for three times in the morning or in the evening. Doing so at least once a day can realize the most wonderful benefits. If you do Januseerasana, you can get used to paschimottanasana quickly.
What are the benefits of Janushirasana?
- Laziness is gone. You will get an active and strong body.
- The fever, abdominal bloating, and sickness will go away in the beginning.
- Hunger and digestion occur.
- Kidney disorders, pile problem will be cured.
- Sperm count will be increased.
- Stomach gets a good blood flow.
- It strengthens the rib bones.