How to do Bhujangasana? what are the benefits of Bhujangasana?
The word Bhujang means “Cobra” in Sanskrit. This asana resembles a cobra as the raised trunk, neck, and head. Hence it is named Bhujangasana.
Steps to do Bhujangasana:
Lie on the floor and keep your hands beside the ears and raise the head, shoulders as same as in the image shown. Hold the position for 30 seconds and come back to the normal position. Repeat it for 3 minutes. Slowly inhale while raising the shoulders and head and slowly exhale while coming to the normal position.
Benefits of Bhujanagasana:
- It strengthens the abdomen, back muscles and the entire upper body.
- It the flexibility to the backbones.
- It strengthens the 31 parallel nerves which are connected in the spinal bones.
- It tightens the abdomen muscles.
- It stimulates the activity of the thyroid glands, adrenal glands, liver, pancreas and bladder.
- It cures constipation problems.
- It cures menstrual irregularities.
- This asana is useful for people who are having asthma.
- This asana is very good for young girls.
- It strengthens the hip muscles.
- This Asana is very useful for who are having backache due to overloading or long hours of standing.
Note:Avoid this asana when you are pregnant.