How To Do Salabasana? Steps and Benefits of Salabasana.
The word Salaba means grasshopper. This asana looks like a grass hopper.
Steps to do Salabasana:
Lie down on the carpet on your abdomen and your mouth, nose and face should touch on the ground and your hands placed by the side. Then slowly lift the legs. The legs should be raised above the hips. The legs should be in straight. Don’t bend the knees. The whole weight of the body should be supported by the abdomen. Hold the position for 10 seconds. Take rest for some time. Repeat it for 5 TO 6 times.
It may be difficult for beginners. So Initially practice with one leg with another leg after that practice with both the legs.
Benefits of Salabasana:
- It gives flexibility to the lower abdomen, thighs and legs.
- It strengthens the Abdominal Muscles.
- It regulates the function of the colon, small intestine, liver, and pancreas.
- It cures Abdominal Pain, Pelvic Pain, Spinal Cord problems.
- It enhances blood circulation.
- It cures constipation problems.
- It improves concentration power.
- It cures menstrual problems.
- It improves the reproductive system.
- The woman should avoid this asana during pregnancy period.
- Avoid this asana if you have head injuries, spine injuries, headache and migraines.