I’m a seasoned chef with years of experience in Italian cuisine. My passion for authentic recipes drives me to share this classic Carbonara.
As a passionate cook with a love for Italian cuisine, I’m excited to share this classic Spaghetti Carbonara recipe. This dish has a special place in my heart, and I can’t wait for you to enjoy it as much as I do. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or just want to treat yourself, this recipe will not disappoint.
- 200g spaghetti
- 100g pancetta or guanciale
- 2 large eggs
- 50g Pecorino Romano cheese
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a pan over medium heat and cook the pancetta or guanciale until crispy.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, Pecorino Romano, Parmesan cheese, and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the crispy pancetta and toss to combine.
- Remove the pan from heat, and quickly pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta. Toss the pasta until the sauce thickens and coats the spaghetti.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley and extra cheese if desired.